These Indian-style chicken wraps have all the delicious flavors of traditional chicken shawarma without the lengthy all-day cooking and roasting, and we pair them in our delicious Vedgee wraps.
Makes 6 Wraps
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
For the Chicken
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Cooking spray
- ½ large onion, thinly sliced
- Chopped romaine
- Cherry tomatoes, halved
- Cucumber, thinly sliced
- 6 Baby Spinach Garlic Vedgee Wraps, warmed
- To make the yogurt sauce: In a small bowl, whisk yogurt, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, a pinch of salt and red pepper flakes.
- To make the chicken: In a large bowl, whisk together oil, lemon juice, garlic and spices. Add chicken, tossing to coat well. Cover and refrigerate for at least two hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Grease a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Add the onion to the chicken marinade, tossing to coat.
- Remove chicken and onion from the marinade and place it evenly on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until the chicken is golden and cooked all the way through – about 30 minutes.
- Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes and thinly slice on a cutting board.
- To serve, top the wraps with chicken, onion, romaine, tomatoes, cucumber and yogurt sauce.