Crunchy cabbage and tender chicken with an intense soy ginger dressing. Forget the fried noodles and serve it in a baked Sweet Pineapple and Honey Vedgee bowl for extra crunch!
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
DRESSING (YIELDS 2 CUPS):
- 1⁄2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili garlic paste
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic
- 1⁄4 cup sesame oil
- 2⁄3 cup olive oil
- 4 tablespoons sesame seeds
- zest and juice of 1 lime
- 4 Sweet Pineapple and Honey Vedgee wraps
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or olive oil
- spray 1 large head of Napa cabbage, quartered, cored and thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 head of purple cabbage, quartered, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled and shredded
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup pickled ginger finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup Wasabi coated peas
MAKE DRESSING Combine all ingredients and purée in blender. Set aside until ready to serve. Dressing may be made up to 2 days in advance and stored in the refrigerator.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Marinate chicken in 1⁄2 cup of dressing for 20 minutes. Lightly brush or spray both sides of the Sweet Pineapple and Honey Vedgee wraps with Olive oil. Place each wrap in a metal mixing bowl or oven-safe dish to form a “bowl”. Bake the wraps for 15-20 minutes until golden brown and crisp. Vedgee bowls may be made one day in advance and stored at room temperature in an airtight container. Remove chicken from marinade and place on a baking sheet. Bake for approximately 30 minutes until done. Let cool and shred chicken into bite-size pieces. Remove chicken from marinade and place on a baking sheet. Bake for approximately 30 minutes until done. Let cool and shred chicken into bite-size pieces.